Northeast Animal Shelter is an exciting and rewarding place to volunteer and work.
Animal Care (Part-time)
If you are interested in working directly with our rescued pets, we have morning, evening, and weekend shifts open. Shift times are 7am-3pm or 3pm-9pm. You must be able to work weekends and holidays, and have a valid driver’s license. This position involves the overall care of both cats and dogs. You must be comfortable working with both and be able to routinely lift 50 lbs. Tasks include feeding, walking, cleaning (and cleaning, and cleaning), handling pets, and more! Prior animal work experience preferred. We will respond only to applicants who will be interviewed. Click here to fill out our online application.
(26 hours a week available)
If you are interested in working with the public to help save more pets, we have one or two openings on our Adoption Team (either one 26 hours a week person or two 12-13 hours a week people). Tasks involve working with potential adopters in person and on the phone; working with the public who may need to surrender pets; record keeping; retail sales; handling pets; and other miscellaneous tasks. The successful candidate(s) will:
- Have outstanding customer service skills
- Have dog handling experience (preferred)
- Have customer service experience (preferred)
- Be comfortable with both dogs and cats
The twenty-six hours include committing to every Saturday or Sunday, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, plus Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 2:00pm to 8:00pm. Please send a resume to email@example.com or click here to fill out our online application.
NEAS is seeking a dedicated, caring and compassionate veterinarian to join our team. If you have excellent technical, diagnostic, clinical, and surgical skills, as well as a natural ability to relate to our patients and staff, we want to hear from you. Please click here to fill out our online application or submit a resume with cover letter to Ann Weaver, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduation from an AVMA-accredited college or university with a DVM or VMD degree, plus at least 2 years’ experience in a veterinary hospital. Experience as a shelter veterinarian or HVHQSN preferred.
- Possess an active Massachusetts Veterinarian License in good standing at the time of hire or have the ability to become licensed in MA
- Demonstrate superior spay/neuter skills, solid clinical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadlines. Ability to be flexible, detail oriented, and able to prioritize.
- Must be committed to continued learning
- Maintains a professional stance and encourages professionalism in all operations activities. Exhibits cordial, productive relationships with all staff and board members.
- May require lifting or carrying animals weighing up to 50 pounds and will require extensive mobility, including standing, walking, sitting, crouching and kneeling.
- This job requires the ability to safely react to being pulled by large, active dogs
- This is a part-time position between 24 – 32 hours a week (ideally with the ability to flex up to cover vacations etc). Clinic hours are 8:00-4:00 and the schedule will include one weekend day a week. Pay is commensurate with experience.
We are always looking for compassionate, dedicated volunteers to help working directly with our with cats and dogs, especially our 7-11am and 5-9pm shifts. Please visit our Volunteer Opportunities page to learn how you can become involved.
Northeast Animal Shelter is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free/smoke-free workplace, and we perform a background check prior to employment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.