Before You Submit an Adoption Form
- Find an animal that’s a good fit for you on our Available Animal page.
- Make sure to read their adoption description fully to learn more about them.
- All the information we have about an animal will be included on their animal profile. For animals who came to us from a previous home, we’ll have more information. For animals who were strays, or came from another shelter, their history may be limited (how they are with kids, other animals, house training, etc).
- Once you’ve found an animal you are interested, click the link to inquire and submit an adoption form.
- Given the high demand for adoption, we ask that you be in a position to adopt within a few days of inquiring about an animal. Our goal with adoption is to find a great match and have the animal stay in care for the least amount of time possible.
- If an animal is on our website, we are accepting inquiries.
- If you saw an animal on the website, in a news article, or on social media and it is no longer listed, the animal has either been adopted or we received multiple inquiries and we are processing those inquiries.
After You Submit an Adoption From
- Submitting an adoption form is not a hold, reservation, or guarantee on an animal adoption.
- Once we have received your inquiry, you will receive an email response which outlines next steps.
- If you are inquiring about a cat, the automated email confirmation will include a link to self-book an adoption appointment. Appointments open at 7pm each night for the following day.
- If you are inquiring about a dog, and s/he is a match for your home, we will contact you by phone or email to talk about next steps, and schedule a time for you to meet the animal.
- For animals without special adoption needs, we tend to receive a lot of inquiries. Adoption forms are generally processed in the order they are received and in most cases the first good match will adopt the animal.
- Adopting animals in high demand can be a frustrating process. We do our best to maintain as fair of a process as possible. While we receive many inquiries on available animals, the animal can only be adopted to one home, which means all other interested households will unfortunately be disappointed. We thank you for your patience and encourage you to submit an inquiry for a different animal if the first animal you inquired about was adopted to another family.
- Please be available by phone between 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. in order for us to reach you.
Don’t See the Type of Animal You Are Interested In?
- Keep checking! Our available animals change quickly.
- We do not have an adoption wait list and are unable to notify you when a particular type of animal becomes available.
- Purebred Animals: We rarely receive purebred cats, and almost never receive purebred kittens or puppies. We very rarely receive hypoallergenic dogs. Most of our dogs are mixed breed.
Estimated Adoption Fees (and what’s included)
All Adoptions include adoption counseling and take home care information in addition to the below. Please note that adoption fees for individual animals may vary depending on the needs of the animals.