(Two full-time openings)
NEAS has created two new positions (full-time/40 hours a week) to train and work in both the Animal Care Department and the Adoptions Department with overlap/integration into the Behavior Department as well. In Animal Care, this position will provide the best quality care for dogs and cats which includes, but is not limited to: feeding, exercising, cleaning, bathing, socializing, enrichment, training, behavior observations and health/welfare monitoring. In Adoptions, this position will facilitate adoptions by matchmaking animals with prospective adopters while providing exceptional customer service. Counselors use a conversation based approach with a goal of identifying the best possible outcome for the person and the animal.
Specialists will have a weekly schedule, knowing in advance their daily assignment with the Shelter reserving the right to re-assign if there are staffing fluctuations/emergencies.
Requirements for the position:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of customer service experience (animal related and/or non-profit setting preferred)
- Must work well with the public, including children, persons of varied racial, ethnic, cultural, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual preference/orientation, and with individuals who are differently abled
- Must possess a positive demeanor, demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, and have the ability to work well both as part of a team and independently
- Must have excellent administrative skills, be highly organized, motivated and work well under pressure
- Must be computer proficient, including having a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs and the ability to learn new programs quickly
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to exercise discretion and keep information confidential
- Use good judgment and present oneself in a professional manner at all times
- Consistently and reliably report for scheduled shifts on time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
To apply for the Animal Welfare Specialist Role, click here.