**We are currently looking for volunteers on Tuesdays and Thursdays**
The Development team is seeking an independent, detail-oriented and organized person with strong writing and communication skills – someone eager to learn and contribute to our efforts and support the animals in our care!
As a Development Assistant Volunteer, you will be working alongside the Development Coordinator to participate and process the results of the shelter’s fundraising efforts. This position will teach you how a nonprofit raises revenue to support its mission.
This position is ideal for someone looking to gain experience in business, management, accounting, finance, hospitality, human resources, and marketing. It is an excellent opportunity for applicants who are interested in gaining experience in a nonprofit setting.
What you will do:
- Assist with sorting and opening mail, and contributing to weekly reports.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Write letters and emails upon request.
- Print and distribute gift thank yous and letters to donors.
- Help stuff and stamp envelopes with newsletters, letters, and other information.
- Help organize files (both electronic and hard files)
- Other tasks as assigned by the Development team.
- Able to work and communicate within a team of staff members and other volunteers.
- Proficient experience with computers and based microsoft office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Able to work independently when asked.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced, high energy (but fun!) environment.
- Be highly attentive to detail.
- Be comfortable working in close proximity to a variety of animals, specifically cats and large breed dogs.
- Able to meet the physical demands of this role, which require variable amounts of standing, walking, bending, reaching, and sitting.
Benefits of being a volunteer:
- Continued education on how to work with and make an impact on shelter animals.
- Opportunity to become Fear Free Shelters certified.
- Opportunities to attend and participate in shelter events.
- Volunteer discount in our retail store (not including adoptions)
Active email address and access to a computer is required.
- Available to volunteer on Tuesday or Thursday.
- Shift times are between 10am and 6pm.
- Willing and able to sign a confidentiality agreement
At the Northeast Animal Shelter, volunteers are an integral pillar of our team and are critical to the success of our mission. Through their unique talents, skills, knowledge and care, volunteers improve the lives of the animals we touch through our programs and in our communities. Together, staff and volunteers act as caring and compassionate role models as we strive to support animals in our community and the people that love them.
Does this sound like the position for you? Please apply below!