Food Prep Volunteers are excited about assisting our Animal Care Staff and have a positive impact on our animals! This position is great for those who are early birds or only looking to volunteer a couple hours a week. We are seeking volunteers to come in between 7am – 9am and 3pm – 5pm to assist with the prepping of food for cats and dogs. This task requires the ability to stand in one spot and follow directions. You will work under the supervision of the Animal Care Manager and is a hands-off position in regards to handling animals.
- Prep bowls of wet and dry food for both cats and dogs.
- Follow feeding instructions based on the age and weight of an animal.
- Be able to follow specific feeding requirements for animals with special diets.
- Maintain a neat working station and clean up after food preparation has been completed.
- Follow cleaning protocol, load and unload dishwashers, refill bins of food, restock pantry as needed.
- Ability to stand in one place for 2 hours.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Able to follow instructions and work independently.
- Be able to communicate to other staff and volunteers effectively.
- Attend an online orientation and on-the-job training.
- A 2-hour weekly shift on the same day and time every week.