Laundry is one of our constant needs at the shelter, and we are looking for some laundry fairies to help us keep the cycles going! Our Laundry Care volunteers will be happy to assist washing, drying, folding, and organizing the regular and donated laundry. If you believe every animal should have a clean bed, then become a laundry volunteer!
- Load and unload washing machine and dryer.
- Sort and prioritize laundry for washing, folding, and distribution.
- Cut old towels and blankets that can no longer be used in kennels into rags.
- Clean dryer of lint and debris.
- Maintain cleanliness in the laundry room.
- Be able bend, lift, and move up to 50lbs.
- Be able to sit and stand for several hours.
- Comfortable working around bleach and other chemicals.
- Able to communicate with staff and volunteers effectively to complete tasks.
- Attend an online orientation and on-the-job training.
- A 3-hour weekly shift on the same day and time every week.
- Minimum 6-month commitment, but longer commitments are encouraged!