If you have a cat or dog that you need to surrender, please take these steps:
- If you found a stray pet, click here.
- Try to find a new home for your pet while they stay with you.
- If you can no longer afford your pet, there may be help for you! Follow these links to get information about financial assistance programs for pets. We also may be able to assist with temporary food for your pet.
- Is it a behavior issue? With positive reinforcement, many undesirable behaviors can be resolved. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call our adoption center, 978-745-9888. We may be able to offer suggestions and helpful advice based on your circumstances.
Please make an appointment.
If you decide that surrendering your cat or dog to NEAS is the best option, you will need an appointment to give up your pet. In order to determine how quickly we might be able to help you, please have the name and phone number of your veterinarian available when you call. You will also need to complete, and bring with you, our NEAS Dog Intake Profile or NEAS Cat Intake Profile.