NEAS specializes in building and maintaining relationships with national shelters and humane societies to assist in the relocation of animals. These shelters are often overwhelmed with animals, and we are able to provide relief through transport and placement into adoptable homes! However, this process would not be possible without the communication of animal details and imputing that data into our system.
Relocation Data Entry Volunteers will assist the Animal Relocation manager in acquiring and organizing the paperwork that is sent to us prior to transport. Each animal has specific medical information, so knowledge of medical terms is a plus. This job requires excellent experience working with computers for long hours and the ability to learn how to use new software. The data entry occurs weekly and will require 4 – 6 hours of consistent work and potential sitting. You get to experience our transport relationships first hand and set the flow for the week by getting all the information put into the correct places.
- Working with our shelter software, Chameleon, to input data
- Sifting through Excel spreadsheets for information
- Collaborating with staff members and other departments
- Ability to work as a team
- Able to efficiently follow instructions and take direction
- Fluent reading and writing in English
- Excellent computer skills
- Previous data entry experience a plus
- Animal medical knowledge a plus
- Consistent schedule, as our transports occur weekly.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Attendance for virtual orientation and on-the-job training
- At least a weekly 4 hour commitment on a set day and time
- Minimum of 6 months
- Weekdays preferable
This is not a hands-on position with animals.
To apply for this position, please click here.