As a receptionist volunteer, you will be helping our Adoptions Team keep the Adoption Center running smoothly and greeting guests looking to adopt their new pet! These volunteers are organized, always excited to help, and maintain a willingness to learn all the ins and outs of the Adoption Center. This is an opportunity for people who are excited to engage with the public and make a difference in the lives of families. Reception volunteers should have strong attention to detail, customer service skills, be adaptable to the changing needs of the adoption center, and be excited to be a representative of the MSPCA and our programs.
- Welcoming adopters and guiding them through the adoption process.
- Answering phone calls and checking voicemails.
- Writing down messages for staff.
- Responding to adoption center email inquiries.
- Collaborating with staff members to represent our programs and provide information to clients on a variety of topics.
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly legible handwriting
- Good computer skills
- Proficiency with using email and the internet on a desktop computer
- Empathetic, non-judgmental approach
- Ability to work well both independently and with others. This role requires a high degree of independence.
- Being bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus!
- Experience answering phones in a professional setting is a plus!
- One 2 or 4 hour shift per week or 8 to 16 hours of service per month.
- We cannot make accommodations to this schedule, due to the importance of tasks being completed on time.
- Minimum of 4 month commitment.