This is an opportunity for people who are excited to engage with the public. Shelter Receptionist volunteers support the front-of-house staff in providing general office support and the day-to-day duties for the shelter. This position requires volunteers be comfortable greeting visitors, answering incoming calls and make outgoing calls, responding to voicemails, answering occasional emails, and filing paperwork. You will work closely with our Adoptions Team to provide the best experience for potential adopters while being excited to be a representative of the Northeast Animal Shelter!
Current available shift times are:
- Every week day at 9am – 12pm, 12pm – 3pm, or 3pm – 6pm
- Maintain a welcoming and friendly demeanor when greeting guests entering our facility.
- Be able to inform guests and callers about the adoption or intake process and information about the shelter (address, phone number, emails, etc.)
- Receives and returns voice messages or forwards messages to the appropriate staff member.
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Communicate with Adoption Counselors when guests have arrived for their appointment.
- Instruct the public interested in providing donations, and sort through donations as time allows.
- Must be punctual and organized.
- Experience working with computers, specifically in Gmail and Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in customer service or with the public in a retail or reception setting.
- Be positive, empathetic, and non-judgmental.
- Being bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus!
- Attend an online orientation and on-the-job training.
- Volunteers for this particular position must be 18 years of age or older.
- A 3-hour weekly shift on the same day and time every week.
- Minimum 1 year commitment.