Northeast Animal Shelter is seeking qualified, dedicated volunteers to drive NEAS vehicles, aiding us with Community Outreach programs, and adoptable animal transport. Volunteers will be driving large transport vans between multiple locations in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, with the potential for occasional further travel.
Van driver volunteers will safely transport animals and/or supplies between locations. Locations include but are not limited to local food banks along the North Shore of Massachusetts, MSPCA shelters in Boston, Methuen, and Cape Cod, Logan Airport, and Manchester-Boston Regional Airport. Drivers will travel to and participate in Community Outreach events such as vaccine clinics and food drives.
- Age 21+
- Able to pass criminal background check and motor vehicle record check
- Past experience driving a van, bus, RV, or other large vehicle
- Professional driving experience a plus!
- Ability to lift and/or pull up to 50 pounds repeatedly
- Comfort handling crated animals
- Reliability and punctuality are key for this role!
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Attendance at orientation
- On-the-job training with staff
- Flexible schedule; some transport needs have little advance notice. (24-48 hours is normal.) Most regularly scheduled transport needs will be on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- Frequency may vary. 10 trips per month should be expected.
- Minimum of 1 year. Longer commitments encouraged!